This weeks #Jobalerts
Please note : Before completing a job application please check with the ACCHO that the job is still open
Job of the week
Deputy Chief Executive Officer
About the Organisation
The name Derbarl Yerrigan is the Wadjuk Noongar name for the Swan River. Derbarl Yerrigan Health Service Aboriginal Corporation (DYHSAC) is an Aboriginal community controlled health organisation which was established in 1974 as the Perth Aboriginal Medical Service and later changed its name to DYHSAC in 1998.
We provide holistic and integrated primary health care services to Aboriginal people living in the Perth metropolitan region. DYHSAC employs 138 staff across its head office in East Perth and clinics in Maddington, Midland and Mirrabooka.
DYHSAC targets the social, emotional, cultural and physical wellbeing of Aboriginal people living on Noongar country. Our staff deliver comprehensive primary health care services at each DYHSAC clinic including:
- Preventative care focussed on early detection and management of chronic illness across all ages;
- Post-natal and antenatal care to women and families;
- Early childhood, school age, and adolescent health programs;
- Team-based management of chronic diseases with a focus on preventing disease progression and complications and maintaining quality of life;
- Dental services to DYHSAC clients aged 13 years and above, including the development of full dental plans;
- Access to a comprehensive suite of services provided by mental health and allied health care professionals and specialist services; and
- Pharmacy and transport services to DYHSAC clients.
For more information, please visit the DYHSAC website, www.dyhs.org.au
About the Opportunity
The Derbarl Yerrigan Health Service Aboriginal Corporation is currently seeking to appoint a Deputy Chief Executive Officer (D/CEO).
This position provides an exciting and challenging opportunity for a suitably experienced professional, with the ability to oversee the day-to-day operations of a well-established Aboriginal community controlled health service currently operating through an extensive change management process.
The D/CEO will work directly with the CEO, Executive Management Team and Board of Directors, managing the day to day operations and delivery of primary healthcare services to the local Aboriginal communities across four sites in the Perth metro area (East Perth, Midland, Mirrabooka and Maddington).
Currently operating through a period of change, DYHSAC is seeking an individual with extensive executive management experience including a proven ability to achieve key strategic objectives in a dynamic and challenging environment.
As an inspiring and collaborative leader, the D/CEO will work strategically to enable transformative change by strengthening the organisation and creating a sustainable future for improved health outcomes for our local Aboriginal communities.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Driving and implementing extensive cultural workplace changes
- Achieving the strategic objectives and responsibilities of the organisation
- Diversifying and growing revenue streams to increase service delivery
- Strengthening the organisation’s stakeholder relations, community engagement and patient satisfaction
- Building and sustaining strong financial performance
- Developing and maintaining a collaborative and effective working relationship with the Board of Directors aspiring to a shared vision
To view the full position description and selection criteria, please visit www.ahcwa.org.au/employment
To view and download the application pack, please visit www.ahcwa.org.au/employment
How to submit a Indigenous Health #jobalert ?
NACCHO Affiliate , Member , Government Department or stakeholders
If you have a job vacancy in Indigenous Health
Tuesday by 4.30 pm for publication each Wednesday
There are 2 JOBS AT Apunipima Cairns and Cape York
MAMU HEALTH SERVICE LIMITED
Mamu Health Service Limited is an Aboriginal community controlled health service providing comprehensive primary health care services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in Ravenshoe and surrounding districts. We are recruiting the following positions for our Ravenshoe Clinic:-
Aboriginal & or Torres Strait Islander Health Worker Practice Certificate III/IV Fixed Term. Applicant must have previous experience in similar role.
Traineeship – Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care (Practice) HLT30113 Certificate III – If you have a passion to work in the health industry we are offering a Traineeship in Certificate III ATSI Primary Health Care (Practice) fixed term (12- 14 months) (It is a genuine occupational requirement that the position be filled by an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person as permitted by Section 25, 105 & 106 Queensland Anti-Discrimination (1991) Act.)
Registered Nurse – A Full time position is available. Applicants must have previous experience in working with the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people. This is a Rural & Remote position which offers an attractive employment package including accommodation & fuel allowance.
All applicants must be willing to undertake an AFP Criminal History Check, and a Blue Card with Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian.
To apply for this vacancy, a full application package can be obtained from our website on http://www.mamuhsl.org.au, or please don’t hesitate to contact Julie Browne on 07 4061 9988 or email@example.com to register your interest.
Please submit your resume and written responses addressing the Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes/Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description to: The Chief Executive Officer Mamu Health Service Limited PO Box 1537 INNISFAIL Q 4860 Applications close at 5.00 pm on Friday 8th June 2018
FOR ALL POSITIONS
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY 8th JUNE 2018 5.00PM
There are 3 JOBS AT IUIH Brisbane
+ Traineeship Coordinator (Ongoing Full Time position based at Windsor) + Clinical Optometrist (Full Time or Part Time position based at Windsor) + Social Health Care Coordinator – MATSICHS (Ongoing Full Time position located at Morayfield)
There are 14 JOBS at ATSICHS Brisbane
As part of our commitment to providing the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community of Brisbane with a comprehensive range of primary health care, youth, child safety, mental health, dental and aged care services, we employ approximately 150 people across our locations at Woolloongabba, Woodridge, Northgate, Acacia Ridge, Browns Plains, Eagleby and East Brisbane.
The roles at ATSICHS are diverse and include, but are not limited to the following:
- Aboriginal Health Workers
- Registered Nurses
- Transport Drivers
- Medical Receptionists
- Administrative and Management roles
- Medical professionals
- Dentists and Dental Assistants
- Allied Health Staff
- Support Workers
Jobs of the week 28 positions in the NT Alice Spring ,Darwin East Arnhem Land and Katherine
There are 7 JOBS at Congress Alice Springs
There are 21 JOBS at Miwatj Health Arnhem Land
There are 5 JOBS at Wurli Katherine
Maternal and Child Health Team Manager
About the Opportunity
Nunkuwarrin Yunti have a rewarding opportunity for a Registered Nurse (RN3) to join their vibrant team as a Maternal and Child Health Team Manager, based in Adelaide, on a full-time basis.
Leading the Strong Mums Solid Kids program the Maternal and Child Health Team Manager will focus on the line management, leadership and coordination activities of team of 6+ staff. With limited professional and management supervision, the Maternal and Child Health Team Manager will achieve continuity and quality of client care and be primarily accountable for the outcomes of practices in the practice setting.
What You Need to Succeed
Our ideal candidate will be registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA) Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia; and bring the following:
- Knowledge and an understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies and culture and the issues which may impact on maternal child and family wellbeing
- Proven experience leading a multi-disciplinary team within a professional practice framework, and of a broad range of health professionals
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and managing service level operations within a comprehensive primary health care context and effectively oversee clinical governance in the area of midwifery and/or child and family health
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and ensure culturally appropriate service delivery
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure in a complex, busy workplace
- Previous experience working in an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service or community primary health care that demonstrate best practice outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients will be highly regarded but is not essential.
To view the full position description, please click here.
About the Organisation
Nunkuwarrin Yunti is the foremost Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation in Adelaide, South Australia, providing a range of health care and community support services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Nunkuwarrin Yunti aims to promote and deliver improvement in the health and well-being of all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the greater metropolitan area of Adelaide and advance their social, cultural and economic status.
ACCHO Member : Stakeholder PHN Murray
Position: Aboriginal Access Advisor Intern
Location : Bendigo
Closing Date : 24 June
More Info apply: http://www.murrayphn.org.au/aboriginal-internship
Job Ref : N2018 – 37