The Department of Human Services has a new guide to support health professionals with all aspects of Indigenous health services available under Medicare
Your guide to Medicare for Indigenous health services’ includes tips from people who work with Indigenous communities every day.
The department’s Medicare Liaison Officers – Adam from the Northern Territory and Hazel from north Queensland – contribute insights based on their own experiences.
The guide can help you find out more about:
- family and domestic violence
- the Practice Incentives Program including the PIP Indigenous Health Incentive
- the Practice Nurse Incentive Program
- Closing the Gap PBS prescriptions, and
- Indigenous Medicare servicing
Your guide to Medicare for Indigenous health services is available online for downloading and features artwork by Indigenous Australians.
- Read Your guide to Medicare for Indigenous health services HERE
- Find more Indigenous health education HERE
- Find out more about the Practice Incentives Program
- and the Practice Nurse Incentive Program HERE
- Read about the Closing the Gap PBS Co-payment Measure HERE
- Find out about the Indigenous Access Program for health professionals
Read more News for health professionals
These guides support health professionals who provide services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians. The guides also include case studies.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health assessments and follow-up services
- Chronic Disease Management – supporting Indigenous health
- Closing the Gap – PBS Co-payment Measure – supporting Indigenous health
- Mental health services – supporting Indigenous health
- Telehealth – supporting Indigenous health
- Your guide to Medicare for Indigenous health services