We would urgently like your assistance in passing on this NACCHO COMMUNIQUE to your Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers (and other networks) about our upcoming ‘NATSIHWA 2012 National Health Worker Professional Development Forum and AGM’ on 28-29 November in Melbourne.
It promises to be an exciting event with key leaders in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health speaking about crucial topics affecting our sector today.
To assist you, there are 20 support packages available.
You can register for the packages and RSVP at www.natsihwa.org.au or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NATSIHWA will also be holding the NATSIHWA Health Worker of the Year Awards Ceremony on the evening of Tuesday, 28 November.
We encourage you and your staff to nominate for the awards. Nominations can be made at: https://www.research.net/s/NATSIHWA_Awards
Some of the topics being discussed at the forum are:
• e-Health and the Personally Controlled Electronic Health Record (PCeHR)
• National Registration and Accreditation
• Closing the Gap initiatives
• Good practice models of Health Worker practice
• Up-skilling and training opportunities
• The implementation of recommendations resulting from the Health Workforce Australia Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker Project
• Areas of specific health and clinical focus – including drug & alcohol, men’s & women’s business, sexual health, social & emotional wellbeing
NATSIHWA is the peak national association representing, supporting and assisting with the professional development of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers. We are passionate about securing the future of our profession.
Thanks for your assistance in getting this information out to our front-line Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers.