Consultations for the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples Drug Strategy
The report on the consultations conducted by NIDAC to inform the development of the National Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Peoples’ Drug Strategy is now available online.
|Port Augusta, SA||Monday 20 May 2013|
|Sydney, NSW||Tuesday 21 May 2013|
|Mt Isa, QLD||Thursday 23 May 2013|
|Perth, WA||Monday 27 May 2013|
|Broome, WA||Tuesday 28 May 2013|
|Alice Springs, NT||Thursday 30 May 2013|
- be aimed at minimising alcohol, tobacco and other drug-related health, social and economic harms among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals, families and communities;
- cover urban and metropolitan areas as well as rural and remote communities;
- take a harm minimisation approach which encompasses the three equally important which will become a sub- strategy of the National Drug Strategy 2010 -2015;
- build on the longstanding partnerships between the health and law enforcement sectors and seek to support the health-law enforcement partnership and strengthen linkages across other sectors as appropriate;
- recognise the importance of working within a holistic and culturally appropriate framework; and
- offer a clear policy framework that will guide current and future efforts to minimise the harm of alcohol, tobacco and other drug use on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their communities.