- Resources for revised AstraZeneca use
- Information on the updated advice
- Other new resources
- Official statements
- New process for job advertising
Resources for revised AstraZeneca use
Following the revised recommendations from Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) on the use of COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca on 17 June 2021, the Australian Government Department of Health (DoH) has developed a number of resources.
Information on the updated advice
- In this video message to Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHOs), Michelle Steele from the DoH Primary Care Response to COVID-19 Branch, explains the updated recommendations from ATAGI (issued on 17 June 2021), and the vaccine rollout program.
- Key updates for Aboriginal and Islander communities – 18 June 2021 – this newsletter provides information for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander households, communities and stakeholders to stay safe during the coronavirus outbreak, and information about the COVID-19 vaccines. Things can change quickly so it’s important to stay up to date.
- a range of social tiles and captions announcing updates to the COVID-19 vaccination program:
- a poster announcing updates to the COVID-19 vaccination program
- a common questions fact sheet
- a fact sheet looking at the side effect of COVID-19 vaccines.
Other New resources:
- Posters advertising what brand of vaccines are available in your clinic:
- We are a Pfizer and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccination clinic
- We are a Pfizer COVID-19 vaccination clinic
- We are an AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccination clinic
- We are a COVID-19 vaccination site – with Health URL
- We are a COVID-19 vaccination site – with blank space to add a URL
- We are a COVID-19 vaccination site – with blank space to insert clinic name
- a guide on how users can create their own video content on COVID-19 vaccines
- a fact sheet looking at why you need to give your consent before receiving your COVID-19 vaccine.
The ATAGI recommends the COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine (Comirnaty) as the preferred vaccine for those aged 16 to under 60 years. This updates the previous preferential recommendation for Comirnaty over COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca in those aged 16 to under 50 years.
A statement from the Professor Paul Kelly, Australian Government Chief Medical Officer in response to the latest ATAGI advice on COVID-19 vaccines.
This document contains frequently asked questions about the revised ATAGI advice for people regarding COVID-19 vaccines.
A patient consent form for COVID-19 vaccination.
New process for job advertising
NACCHO have introduced a new system for the advertising of job adverts via NACCHO’s communication platforms.
Click here to go to the NACCHO website where you can complete a form with job vacancy details – it will then be approved for posting to the NACCHO website and once approved it will go live.