Survey until 15 Feb 2019 : To participate in a short survey, please CLICK HERE
Please tell us your ideas for
-improving quality of 715 health checks
-clinical software -implementation of the National Guide
-culturally responsive healthcare for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
In 2018–19, NACCHO and the RACGP are working on further initiatives and we want your input!
Download this post as PDF and share with your networks
What we are currently doing:
- Conducting practice team surveys and focus groups to:
- understand current system requirements and how they can improve identification rates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients in mainstream practices and
- integrate the key recommendations from the National Guide into clinical software
- Establishing a Collaborative with the Improvement Foundation to conduct rapid quality improvement cycles leading to the provision of better healthcare for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Engaging with medical software vendors to understand how we can improve identification rates and integrate the National Guide into clinical software
- Developing resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people regarding preventive health assessments and follow up care
- Working with our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander-led Project Reference Group to carry out all project activities.
From now until 15 February 2019, we want to hear from you!
Do you have ideas, solutions or examples of good practice relating to:
- how health services can ensure that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients receive patient centred, quality health assessments (715) that meet their needs?
- the resources that would support mainstream general practice teams to provide culturally responsive healthcare for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people?
- how guidelines, such as the National Guide, can be integrated into clinical software?
- features of clinical software that will support improved identification of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients at your practice?
- features of a 715 health assessment template that will support a comprehensive health assessment?
To participate in a short survey, please CLICK HERE
We also welcome your feedback and input at firstname.lastname@example.org
With your feedback, we will:
- understand the needs of our cohort
- understand what works through our Collaborative model for improvement report
- develop new resources to support you and your team with delivering better healthcare to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples regardless of where care is sought
- share the lessons with mainstream general practice and Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services to improve the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Early detection, preventing disease and promoting health
The National Guide is a practical resource intended for all health professionals delivering primary healthcare to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Its purpose is to provide GPs and other health professionals with an accessible, user-friendly guide to best practice preventive healthcare for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients.
New to the third edition!
National Guide podcasts
Subscribe to the National Guide Podcast (listen to the third edition) to hear host Lauren Trask, NACCHO Implementation Officer and CQI expert, speak to GPs and researchers on updates and changes in the third edition of the National Guide.
National Guide Lifecycle chart (child) (PDF 555 KB)
National Guide Lifecycle chart (young) (PDF 1 MB)
National Guide Lifecycle chart (adult) (PDF 1 MB)