- Experience national and international perspectives from Indigenous keynote speakers in the allied and wider health, research, education and community sectors;
- Develop professional and personal skills and knowledge through interactive workshops that focus on interprofessional approaches to motivational interviewing, autism spectrum disorders, resilience and reflective practice, eye health, managing change, Indigenous research, culturally safe and responsive practice and collaborative team-based problem solving;
- Explore innovation in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health and allied health at over 20 concurrent presentations;
- Build and strengthen relationships and experience national networking opportunities; and
- Celebrate success at the IAHA 2015 National Indigenous Allied Health Awards and Gala Dinner.
Cultural Safety Training for full and associate Members only December 2nd and 3rd 2015, Brisbane (1.5 days)
$300 per person (GST exclusive)
CATSINaM is very excited to offer a Members version of the Cultural Safety Training we encourage our stakeholders to attend. It will be run by the same facilitators, Sharon Gollan and Kathleen Stacey, and is for Full and Associate members only. As Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander nurses and midwives, you will experience the same content as our non-Indigenous stakeholders, but some aspects of the process will be a different as we are talking about our lived experience of racism and cultural safety.
The workshop will strengthen your skills in understanding, managing and responding to racism, with a particular focus on institutional racism and the concept of whiteness. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander participants find the workshop experience enlightening and validating, while also empowering and supportive as it acknowledges their journey, and values and strengthens their resilience.
CATSINaM will subsidise some aspects of the workshop but there is a per participant cost to attend. It will go ahead if we have at least 22 booked participants, with a total of 30 places available. While it is being held in Brisbane, Members from anywhere are very welcome to attend. Please, book early and make sure the workshop can go ahead – the cut-off date for registrations is November 17th.
We hope you decide to be a participant in this inaugural event. We will send out more information on the exact location and the workshop timing.
If you would like another Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander colleague who is not a CATSINaM Member to attend, they are also welcome. The non-Member cost is $400 (GST exclusive).