WORKFORCE POLICY OFFICER
NACCHO is the national body which articulates the health and wellbeing needs and interests of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We do this by listening to and supporting the ‘on- the -ground’ experiences of our 155 Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation Member Services (ACCHOs) who manage around 300 fixed and mobile clinics located Australia wide in urban, regional and remote communities.
We are seeking an experienced policy developer and analyst to provide advice and ensure that NACCHO maintains organisational and national leadership in the development and management of innovative and effective projects, workforce practices and health services for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities that support the objectives of NACCHO, Affiliates and Members Services.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- The ability to persuade, influence and collaborate with individuals, teams and Government Departments to facilitate change.
- High analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to present to a range of audiences.
- Ability to manage workload and competing demands.
Key Duties include:
- Provide high level strategic advice on projects, project implementation, project development and program policy development related to workforce development.
- Provide high level advice and recommendations to enable the development of the strategic direction of the organisation in terms of workforce management.
- Enhance the standing of NACCHO with government bureaucrats, senior health sector, executives, affiliates, community members and business.
Key Requirements include:
- Degree in Business, Management, Public Health, Social Science, or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in policy development and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyse complex material, summarise key issues and develop innovative and creative solutions.
- Knowledge and experience with workforce development and VET sector.
Enquiries and Applications can be addressed to: By 21 August 2015
Greta Evans HR Manager – NACCHO by email at: