Health & Wellbeing Coordinator, Oxfam Australia, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples Program (ATSIPP)
Leading an Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander People Health and Wellbeing program with various partners and ensuring a strong link to campaign work such as Close the Gap (Indigenous health) and Change the Record (Indigenous incarceration).
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply.
· An excellent opportunity to join one of Australia’s leading international not for profits
· Full Time, 35 hours per week
· Melbourne based
Around the globe, Oxfam works to find practical, innovative ways for people to lift themselves out of poverty and thrive. We save lives and help rebuild livelihoods when crisis strikes. And we campaign so that the voices of the poor influence the local and global decisions that affect them.
The Health & Wellbeing Coordinator role leads the planning, design, implementation, management of the agency’s engagement in Aboriginal& Torres Strait Islander health policy.
A key responsibility of this role is to manage our range of Indigenous health partners and small grant recipients which we fund. A key responsibility of the role is to manage our range of Indigenous health partners and small grant recipients which we fund. Additionally the role will contribute to two major public campaigns; Close the Gap and Change the Record by ensuring our program work with partner organisations compliments our public campaign work.
Our health & wellbeing work aims to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations to develop and implement solutions to improve health outcomes and contribute to closing the gap between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians. A strong understanding of Indigenous health policy and Aboriginal community controlled health sector would be highly regarded.
The position also contributes to organisational learning around youth engagement with other Units/Sections and other Oxfams.
You will be able to demonstrate experience in:
· Leading an Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander People Health and Wellbeing program with various partners and ensuring a strong link to campaign work such as Close the Gap (Indigenous health) and Change the Record (Indigenous incarceration).
· Leading strategic thinking in relation to engagement in the field of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health policy based on support for Indigenous people’s rights.
· Leading the development of operational plans in accordance with an organisation’s Strategic Plan and policies including facilitation of collaboration with other Units, partners and community members as appropriate.
· Ensuring the effective design, appraisal, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of health and wellbeing projects in accordance with program policies and the program management framework.
We can offer you
· A base salary of $70,482 plus superannuation and access to generous NFP tax concessions (specifically, a salary packaging scheme offering up to $21,100 of your salary tax free).
· The opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause.
· A flexible, supportive, and diverse workplace with ample opportunities for career progression and development.
· The chance to meet and work with people who are some of the best in their fields.
· To apply, please submit your CV, cover letter and a response addressing the required selection criteria outlined above in this ad
· Applications close: Sunday 19 July 2015 11.59pm
Appointment to this position will require a satisfactory clearance of a police check and/or Working with Children Check.
We promote diversity and practice equity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply.
Oxfam Australia is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people.
To be eligible for this position, you must have the legal right to work in Australia and undertake a police check.
For enquiries relating to this position, please contact