Position: Political Policy Advisor
Appointment: Permanent Part time, 3 day per week
Location: Canberra Based
Salary Range $75,000 pro rata, plus salary packaging
Closes April 26 2013
Provide high level policy advice and guidance to the CEO and Chair of the Board of NACCHO
Chief Executive Officer
This is a Canberra based position which requires interstate travel
- Provide high level secretariat support to the NACCHO, CEO and Chairperson when engaging with government officials, civic bodies, research agencies, political parties, and others concerned with political issues.
- Prepare high leveled Ministerial briefings, policy position papers, speeches and correspondence, for internal and external use.
- Identify issues for research and analysis.
- Interpret and analyse policies, public issues, legislation, and/or the operations of governments, businesses, and organizations.
- Provide high level advice and recommendations on external reports that influence national policy surrounding Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Health.
- Forecast political, economic, and social trends – Collect, analyze, interpret ta and disseminate data such as election results and public opinion surveys; report on findings, recommendations, and conclusions.
- A demonstrated understanding/commitment of and support for the philosophy of Aboriginal community control in health and sensitivity to cultural issues and protocols in contemporary Aboriginal society;
- Demonstrated experience and ability to provide high level secretariat support and high level policy development and correspondence;
- Proven ability to engage and liaise with high level external stakeholder such as Ministerial Advisors, government representatives;
- Proven knowledge of the current Government and Health political systems;
- Familiar with public opinion, political decision-making, and ideology.
- Able to analyse the structure and operation of governments, as well as various political entities.
- Able to conduct public opinion surveys, analyse election results and public documents.High level written and verbal communication skills;
- Relevant tertiary qualification - Hold a Legal qualification;
Applying for a Job at NACCHO
NACCHO requires all applicants to address the Selection Criteria contained in the attached Job Description for the position. Applications which do not address the Selection Criteria will not be considered. We also ask that applicants supply a Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV).
What should I include on my Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)?
You should list your contact and relevant personal details, education and training qualifications, employment history and any other information relevant to the position.
How does the selection process work?
Immediately following the closing date for each position the interview panel grades all applications and then a short-list is drawn up. Short-listed applicants are then notified of interview times. Interviews are conducted and a decision is made which must then be approved by CEO.
Finally, both the successful and unsuccessful applicants are notified of the decision.
Who should I contact for more information?
If you need more information about the application process
Please contact our HR Consultant: Caroline Zammit,
Ph: 0424389845 or email@example.com