Position Description: 21 January 2013
Applications close: C.O.B. 14 Feb 2013
Position: Administration Assistant
The Administration Assistant will provide professional administrative support services for NACCHO as directed by the Manager for Projects and Innovation for a three month period.
The Administration Assistant reports directly to the Manager for Projects and Innovation.
- Provide a high level of administrative and secretariat assistance to the Manager (Projects & Innovation) including typing of general correspondence, setting up meetings and day-to-day diary appointments;
- Assist with reception duties, including greeting visitors, answering phones, and when required being the contact person for the Manager (Projects & Innovation);
- Assist with the coordination of high level meetings, including booking venues, accommodation, catering and other logistics;
- As part of a small team, undertake general administrative work to ensure the effective operations of the Projects & Innovation Team in a positive and proactive manner and with the highest level of professionalism;
- Undertake a range of administrative tasks as required.
- Ensure compliance by adhering to Naccho’s policies and procedures for purchasing and reporting;
- Undertake to keep a system of proforma contracts compliant.
- Liaise with Finance regarding the payment of invoices and financial accountability.
- Maintain a high professional and ethical profile in accordance with NACCHO’s standards;
- Present a well groomed and business like appearance.
- Strong administration skills with meticulous attention to detail;
- Excellent levels of computer literacy and the ability to use Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint;
- Excellent telephone manner and oral and written communication skills;
- The ability to create a positive impression with a professional, courteous and helpful manner;
- High level organisational, planning and problem solving skills;
- Ability to cope with high pressure situations and competing deadlines.
- Previous experience in an administrative related role;
- Knowledge of basic accounting;
- Experience in data entry and maintaining databases.
Applying for the NACCHO Administrative Officer job at NACCHO
NACCHO requires all applicants to address the Selection Criteria contained in the attached Job Description for the position. Applications which do not address the Selection Criteria will not be considered. We also ask that applicants supply a Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV).
What should I include on my Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)?
You should list your contact and relevant personal details, education and training qualifications, employment history and any other information relevant to the position.
How does the selection process work?
Immediately following the closing date for each position the interview panel grades all applications and then a short-list is drawn up. Short-listed applicants are then notified of interview times. Interviews are conducted and a decision is made which must then be approved by CEO.
Finally, both the successful and unsuccessful applicants are notified of the decision.
Who should I contact for more information?
If you need more information about the application process
Please contact our HR Consultant: Caroline Zammit,
Ph: 0424 389 845 or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org